A Shortened week and April Fools.... (Week 9 Student Teaching)

 Although this week was a shortened week but it actually felt quite long. 

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to spend the day with an Ag teacher at Lennard High School. The program at Lennard was quite different at Durant so it was the perfect place for me to spend the day.



I observed Mrs. Kayla Marsh. She teaches primarily Veterinary Assisting (a certification class) which is the ag class I took in high school. Mrs. Marsh's first period class was a special education class which I enjoyed seeing. She was so good with the students and really kept them engaged in the material. 

At the end of the day I got to observe the beginning of their FFA meeting which was great because Durant isn't allowed to have FFA meeting due to covid restrictions. I couldn't stay for the whole meeting because I had to head back to the plant city area for the Hillsborough County Fair pig drawing. This event decides who is and isn't showing a pig that year at the county fair. They have to do this because the demand is high but space in the barn is limited. We had a good amount of kids get drawn to show this year so that was pretty exciting!

The craziest part about this week was Thursday because it was in fact April Fools... The kids decided kit would be sooooo funny to put big zip ties on the axels of my front wheels. I had to drive over an hour to my parents house after school for easter weekend and let me say that drive was not enjoyable. 

Once I got to my dads, shop my dad didn't believe me when I told him that the kids put zip ties on my car. Eventually my dad had me turn my tires all the way to the left and thats when he discovered the zip ties. Getting the zip ties off was extremely challenging because they were the bigger zip ties and they were attached pretty tight. 

At first I was mad but now I think it's pretty funny! 





On top of all the craziness it was still a good week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final observation :( (Week 11 of student teaching)

Roadblocks and Show Pigs (Week 4 Student teaching)