The Final observation :( (Week 11 of student teaching)

 The week started off strong with my final observation (the one that counts). I had prepped and prepped for this but things really didn't go to plan. 

Unfortunately, I had a lot of behavior problems with my students that took away from the lesson. 

However it was an exciting day for my first period because we were finally starting poster presentation! Everyone was back from quarantine and I had a full class. Unfortunately these did not go great. I should have made the expectations much higher because they didn't take the presentation part as serious as I would of liked them to. 

Second period went a little bit better but still not the best. My interest approach took too long because the kids were seated too far apart to pass bags to each other. I think this activity will work better in non-covid times. 

Fourth period has really become my favorite class and things went pretty well in this class. We finished Common shop tools and it was time to start prepping for the test. 

After Monday, our plans for the week had to shift a little bit because industry certification day was quickly approaching. 

So instead of doing something new with first period, it was all about reviewing for the industry certification through the use of quizlet.

We ended the week by repainting plant sale signs which a lot of the kids really enjoyed!

During 3rd period we got all the plant sale signs ready to be set up around the community. The first thing we did was create a frame that would help keep the signs from falling off the truck. 




I was pretty skeptical on if this device was actually gonna work but surely enough it worked great. 

While I was teaching the elearning class, Sturgis figured out what order we were gonna place the signs on the truck. This part was extremely important because the last thing we wanna do is rearrange very heavy signs on the side of the road while cars are zooming by at 70 mph. 

During 7th period, Sturgis had me direct the students on which signs to load when while he loaded them on the truck. Everything went very smoothly and before no time all the signs were loaded up.

We left school right at the bell and headed out to put all the signs up. Sturgis and I couldn't do it all alone so we invited two students to come help us. Myself and one of the student were in charge of attaching the sign to the posts while the boys dug the holes. 

By 6:30 we had all the signs up!






Overall it was a good week!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roadblocks and Show Pigs (Week 4 Student teaching)